Hi there 👋
The following is a non-exhaustive list of my current interests and priorities. If you’re working on or want to talk about anything related, shoot me a note, I’d love to learn more and/or see how I could help. This page is current as of November 21, 2022.
- 👨💻 I’m building an app to help individuals improve the social impact of their spending by identifying which products are made by socially responsible companies. Outside of data technology, I’m a horrendous coder, so it is a stretch!
- The original idea spark was a tweet by Sam Lessin.
- 🤖 I’m experimenting with AI-generated art and will post some results here.
- 📃 I recently redeveloped my personal website using Hugo and am beginning to experiment with adding indieweb features.
- ✈ This year, I got a drone and continue to learn aerial photography and videography techniques.
- 📈 This year, I became an indie consultant/contractor focused on the intersection of analytics, data, and business strategy. I’m still learning the ropes but am enjoying my first long-term engagement.
- We’re currently trying a new (for the company) approach to treat analytics and data as products.
- 👨👩👧👧 I’m a parent of two amazing girls and am always on the lookout for resources to teach them leadership and how to overcome gender bias.
- 💪 In 2021, I discovered functional strength training (after a lifetime of not being active) and am still learning about physical fitness, eating well, etc. I made significant progress in the past year, and it has become an important part of my life. I am excited about what lies ahead!
- 📚 I love ‘space opera’ sci-fi and am always on the lookout for great books in this genre.
- 🏞 I love the outdoors, and you will frequently find me trail biking or hiking on the weekends!
- 🤓 I recently joined indieweb.social (Mastodon instnace) and am enjoying the community there.